Best Practices for React Server Components & Hot Frontend News 🔥
Will I see you in Utah or in Brussels? I'm giving a talk at React Rally as well as React Brussels and if you are planning to come, I'd love to know. We can hang out IRL and that would be freaking cool! Reply and let me know if you do :)
If you want to come but need a discount code, let me know and I can share a discount code with you!
React Server components have been in a lot of controversy lately 😅. Do you know why? Because many claim that it is not ready for production.
Remember, innovation can only happen with a bit of resistance. Even though the upgrade has not been a smooth road, we need to work together as a community.
Also, keep an eye out and subscribe to my Youtube channel 🎥, where I am going to share how to successfully upgrade your app and also more fun stuff with React Server Components and Next.js.
Our Weekly Snack: Server component cannot be a child of Client Component 🍿
If you look into the Next.js docs, it is considered an anti-pattern to pass Server component a child of Client component. But this is such a common pattern, isn't it?
Imagine you have a blog and that blog renders a few blog posts with a bunch of Cards on top. Every Card component also has a Date component that formats the date. Now, the structure of it would look like this.
We are wrapping the 2 cards inside another Server component called Card List.
But remember, Card is a Client component and Date is a Server component. So we can no longer just declare Date inside Card anymore i.e. a Server Component inside Client component.
How can we achieve this then? Here's how 👇
What's next for me? I want to hear from you 👇
But what's next? This is where you come in and can help me. Help me figure out my next offer! Hop in here and let me know what you think!
The Frontend Developers Toolbox 🧰
- ICYMI - Squarespace has announced acquiring Google domains which means it is shutting down and here is what you need to do to move over
- Michael Chan wrote a great article on What is ADR? You need Architecture Decision Records for documenting important architecture decisions and keeping important decisions there.
- ReactJam: Design and develop innovative games within a limited timeframe.
- Expo SDK 49 Beta is now available This is your opportunity to help ensure that the new release does not introduce any regressions for their particular system and app configurations.
- React Native 0.72.0 is out The top requested feature Symlink support is finally here
See you next week!